Since my friend Jenn was just here for a visit I will showcase her beautiful barn, Springfield Stables in Mettawa, IL. Springfield Stables is a new state-of-the-art facility nestled on Chicago’s North Shore. This full-service equestrian facility specializing in hunters, jumpers and equitation, focusing on quality care for the equine athletes, as well as quality instruction and training for the competitive rider at all levels. They aim to provide a positive experience that produces polished, successful horse-and-rider teams. They are just started a blog so go check it out, and become a follower: http://springfieldstablesil.blogspot.com/
• 11 grass paddocks and 8 all-weather paddocks
• Large outdoor arena and a new course of jumps
• Indoor and Outdoor Arenas feature special blend sand footing and are maintained daily
• Plus a great hunt field and access to trails• 3/4 mile track
• State-of-the-art Euro Walker
• Complete 24-hour Security System
• Two large wash stalls with hot and cold water• Large industrial fan above each stall
• 40 matted stalls with automatic waterers
• Radiant heat throughout the main barn
• Dutch doors on stalls facing the outside of the barn
• Two large grooming stalls
• Grain offered 2-3 times per day with unlimited hay.
• Large, heated indoor arena
• Two large and comfortable lounges which look into the indoor arena
• Wireless internet in all areas of the facility
Jenn, manager and head trainer, grew up riding and showing on the prestigious, East Coast, A-rated circuit. As a junior rider, she qualified for and earned ribbons at the USEF Medal Finals held at the Penn National Horse Show, the ASPCA Maclay Finals held at Madison Square Garden and the USET Finals held at the United States Equestrian Team. Jenn also rode horses to top honors in the junior hunter and junior jumper divisions at the Winter Equestrian Festival, Devon and Lake Placid. Early in her career, Jenn rode with notable equestrians Emil Spadone and Leo Conroy, and later went on to work with Cynthia Hankins, Ellen Rait and George Morris.
While running her own successful operation in New Jersey, she coached riders to major wins at events such as the USEF Pony Hunter Finals, The National Horse Show, the USEF Medal Finals, the ASPCA Maclay Finals, Zone II Hunter Finals and Marshall & Sterling Finals. Jenn also rode many horses to wins in the Pre-Green, First- Year and Second- Year Green Hunter divisions. In addition to the hunters, she also rode many horses to top ribbons in various jumper divisions up and down the East Coast.