Had a lesson on Kylie in the morning, she was great (which was nice since my dad came to watch)!!! The weather was PERFECT, about 70, not a cloud in the sky, just a beautiful day.
Had a BBQ last night. Lots of fun with family and friends. We had the BEST shrimp salad that my mother-in-law brought and I'd love to share the recipe....
Roasted Shrimp Salad (Ina Garten)
- 2 1/2 pounds (12 to 15 count) shrimp
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (2 oranges)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon good white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons small-diced red onion
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and devein the shrimp. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and toss together. Spread the shrimp on one layer and roast for 6 to 8 minutes, just until pink, firm and cooked through. Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. When the shrimp are cool, add them to the sauce and toss. Add the dill, capers, and red onion and toss well. The flavors will improve if you allow the salad to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Otherwise, chill and serve at room temperature.