CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 25, 2010

On the road to recovery

Mazzy was lucky enough to receive treatment from Dr. McIlwraith this weekend. He flew in for the weekend, and I spoke with him early Saturday morning and he told me to bring her down and he could squeeze her into his schedule. Thank goodness I have a trailer! I was on the road as soon as I hung up the phone. He did some work on her, and he seems very hopeful for a good recovery. Wow, if this is not an example of why you should get a second or third opinion, it is an example of the amazing things the very best can accomplish. In the past few weeks I have gone from possible euthanasia to an optimistic future. I am fairly certain the doc does not know how great the words "I have good news" was to hear today. What an emotional roller coaster this has been.

There is still a long road to recovery, and of course, I understand nothing is certain, but I now have hope. I actually have another big thing to be thankful for, very good friends. My friend that made this whole thing happen with the world renowned joint doctor also hooked Mazzy up with an awesome rehab facility. Mazzy isn't going to want to leave this place, especially after a swim in the aqua tread! No fly mask or sheet needed here! So clean and peaceful. I just hope she stops eating the knee deep straw she is bedded in. Hopefully I can get some sleep tonight now that my baby is safe and well cared for.
Mazzy is actually staying at a farm I am proud to spotlight, even if it is only temporarily.
Aquatread

Good friends are truly a blessing. I am extremely grateful for the ones that have carried me through this whole ordeal, and I am also thankful for the ones that have left me alone. Some people just understand that if I wanted to talk about it I would, and some people just don't get that I don't want to be the subject of today's hot gossip discussion. My business is not something I want to spread around the barn like wildfire, I don't want insincere sympathy and I don't want to discuss it with everyone. Unfortunately the reason some people want the details is so they can have information to blab about. So if you are one of those people that loves to gossip and thrives on others misfortune, and who's horse is the latest tragedy, please do not ask me how my horse is doing, and do not tell me I am not alone because so and so's horse has problems too. That's private and that's not your business to tell me or anyone! This is not directed at any of my wonderful caring blogging friends or any of my friends who are genuinely concerned. Sorry for the rant, but some of my recent stress is about how to avoid all the questions from people at the barn. Whew, feels good to get that off my chest!
No dirt pathways here! All rubber pavers.

beautiful track at the rehab facility

9 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

YAy for good news and a positive prognosis! I am so happy for you and your sweet girl! No wonder she likes the facility,it is gorgeous, and all the bells and whistles she will need too!

Anonymous said...

Very good news - keeping fingers crossed for continued progress!

allhorsestuff said...

Oh sweet Tara, I am sooo glad you did get that off/out of you...whew..I hate stresses and sometimes..folks really don't help when they think they are. Bless your heart.
And- so happy to hear that well informed and talented vet is helping you. She looks really good, your Mazzy mare.
Hold on... I pray that the recovery road is short and successful!
XO
Kac~ HOPE ON!

Kat said...

I am so glad that you finally received some good news!!! The rehab place sounds like the perfect place for your baby to be at.

kippen64 said...

I am so happy to read the positive news. May you hear many more such things in the weeks and months to come.

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Thank you everyone for your kind supportive words. It truly means alot to me! I am dying to get out of work so I can go check on my sweet Mazzy. Stall rest for two weeks. I'm sure she will just LOVE that!

Paint Girl said...

Excellent news!! Hope Mazzy has a speedy recovery and will keep you in my thoughts!!

Momma J said...

So glad for the good news!!!

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

I am so happy to read that you have had some positive news!!

And glad you had an outlet to 'rant' and get it off your chest. Sometimes we just need to do that!

Floating Social Media