CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Grateful

Wow, I had a fantastic boutique today. So many wonderful friends came to support me and I really felt so blessed to be surrounded by them today. My fantastic friends helped me host, prepare food and drinks, and then clean it all up. I have an amazing friend, Sandy, who kept track of all my transactions, collected the money, and packaged up the jewels, I couldn't have done it without her. Many, many thanks to everyone who came today!!! Everyone did something to make the day bright for me in some way.

For anyone planning a boutique for the holidays, a few tips that may help...
1) Put up signs at some of the main intersections nearby. We got quite a few people out for a drive that saw our signs, came by and turned into customers.
2) Advertise in your local paper.
3) Offer incentives for your friends to bring their friends. I organized door prizes with additional entries for bringing friends, making purchases, and rsvp-ing early. We did drawings throughout the day for the door prizes.
4) Offer refreshments so your guest feel comfortable to socialize for a while and stay.

I have more, but I am exhausted....

Susan and I

6 comments:

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Hi ,This is sort of unrelated to your post but, I purchased a few items from your online store one of them being a beautiful green stone charm bracelet with saddles ,bits etc as the charms. I bought it as a gift for my niece,but now seeing it I like it even more . Would you be able t make another like it or do you have one in stock?There is no rush as it is for me and not a gift but I would really like to buy another one. You could let me know through the blog or at
fernvalley01@hotmail.com
Thanks so much,
Sherry

Erika said...

Congratulations on the weekend boutique!

LizzyT said...

Congratulations, it sounds you had a really good time and that is such a great idea.

allhorsestuff said...

Wonderful times with Wonderful friends. Glad for the huge succsess!
KK

MaricrisG said...

This is a good idea! I just wish I had the time to do it. I'll keep this in mind! :) btw, I found u via EC drop

Dorothy said...

This is a great site, thanks for stopping by my site grammology.com I'll be back. You gave me some good tips for when we decide to sell some grammology t-shirts etc.

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Floating Social Media